Please note the Terms of Usage are subject to updates/changes. Current Version: 1.0 July 2020
By signing up to be a member on the CEI Alumni website, you:
have read and agree to adhere to the Code of Conduct published on our website
are over 18 years of age or if under 18 years of age have sought permission from a parent/guardian to become a member
acknowledge that the alumni are responsible for the content of the alumni social media and the alumni website, however we cannot take responsibility for that which is posted by other users. We will do our best to moderate and ask for posts to be removed if offensive, however we may not see all posts.
Code of Conduct
Please note this Code of Conduct is subject to updates/changes. Current Version: 1.0 July 2020
To allow for safe usage of the blog, forum and CEI social media, please adhere to the following Code of Conduct:
1. Be aware that the Senior Alumni will moderate all posts and comments on the blog, forum and social media posts tagging/mentioning Caretakers of the Environment International (CEI). We reserve the right to moderate these and to remove and report inappropriate usage.
2. All users are entitled to freedom of speech, however if a post is deemed to be damaging to CEI or it's participants, this will be reported appropriately and we will ask for it to be taken down.
3. Posts and comments must never contain bad language (swear words etc), racism, religious discrimination homophobia or other potentially offensive content.
4. If sharing a picture or video of a minor, i.e. participants who are under 18, the minor should not be named in the post to ensure privacy and to abide by child protection laws.
5. All alumni, including those managing the alumni website and alumni social media take part in an annual online child safety & correct usage of social media workshop in order to ensure practice and policy are continuously up to date.
6. Please do not use the CEI logo, conference logo or CEI Alumni logo without explicit permission
7. All material included on the forum and blog should be related to the topics or campaigns of CEI (i.e. the environment, CEI conferences and environmental education activities). Please note that any unrelated posts will be removed.
8. Many different countries are a part of CEI, therefore many languages are also a part of CEI. We encourage you to use simple language and post in English (the language of the conference) to make it easier for all members to understand you.
9. Please be respectful in your language and tone when addressing other CEI website users and social media users. This is to create a fun, educational and safe place for all users!
Through registering as a member, subscribing or filling in any of our contact forms, we collect your name and email address. This is so that we may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to send updates about Caretakers of the Environment International, the work of the alumni and the annual conference.
If you don’t want us to process your data anymore, please contact us at email@example.com and ask us to remove you from the list.